Help for the Tools Page
- Click "Import Bookmarks" to move your existing bookmarks to Gleanr.
- What is the "Gleanlet"?
WHAT IS THE GLEANLET?
The "gleanlet" is a simple yet powerful workflow tool that sits ready in your browser toolbar. Whenever you discover or think up something important, use the gleanlet to instantly, easily capture it and network it accordingly.
SET-UP & USE
The gleanlet makes you an instant publisher, from micro-blogging on up. The following presentation is a lightning tour of great gleaning:
Some guidelines for successful gleanlet use are:
- Be Selective: Use your mouse to select the exact content that is relevant to youbefore clicking the gleanlet. Gleaning without selection leads to capture of extraneous and confusing material that you (and everyone else) are unlikely to find useful.
- Be Creative: In meetings, during meals, or whenever you feel inspired, use the "Personal Note" part of the gleanlet to capture and channel your ideas, whether big or small.
- Add Value: The point of Gleanr is for you to benefit from your unique ability as an active filter on the web, so demonstrate that ability. For example, after selection, quickly edit what is captured to pinpoint or elaborate on the value of the content. Gleanr will automatically generate a Title for a glean, but you can compose something new and punchy that will convey your meaning better. You can also add tags to provide some structure to that meaning. Most important, your concise Summary makes it important and memorable for yourself and others.
- Channel Wisely: You may want this content for private reference, for sharing discretely with colleagues, or for public dissemination. The set-up of channels facilitate the these choices quickly, on the fly. Always consider privacy and copyright, but also how you can be more discoverable through strategic networking.